Thursday, May 06, 2010

Waffles

Maybe your mom would like a homemade waffle for Mother's Day (hint, hint.) These are always a hit around here.

Waffles

2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cornmeal

Whisk together wet ingredients, add the dry, mixing well. Cook on heated waffle iron (or make pancakes).

Sometimes, when I feel like I'd like to button my pants later in the day, I make a somewhat healthier version using canola oil instead of butter, and whole wheat pastry flour.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Becca,
Your Mom used to make these buckwheat pancakes that I still remember and still tell people about. YUMMY!
If you don't have it already, could you swipe it from her and post it? That would be super-duper.
Obviously, you have inherited her mad cooking skills.
Please AND Thank You.
I really love this blog, by the way! Your recipes are great and it is nice to make things that someone you know actually cooks on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing.

WesDevil said...

Because of this recipe, the giant Krusteaz mix from Costco in my pantry has become obsolete. I can never go back.