Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pepperoncini Roast

I got this recipe from my sister, and it is always a hit. It's another one for the crockpot, so if you have five minutes in the morning you will have dinner at night.

2-4 lb roast (I prefer rump, nothing too fatty)
1 sliced onion
3 cubes or teaspoons beef bouillon
1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp oregano
2 cloves garlic
1 8 oz jar of pepperoncini peppers, including the juices (this are the little green peppers in brine that are located in the pickle/olive aisle of the grocery store. Save yourself the headache and buy the pre-sliced ones. Also, I generally use the mild ones, but if you like a little heat, use the regular ones)

Toss this all in the crock-pot on low. 8 or so hours later, shred the beef and serve it on hard rolls with sliced provolone cheese.

1 comment:

Burke said...

I made this last night for the big suns/jazz game. It was a crowd pleaser. There is none left. Thanks again!