Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sesame Peanut Noodles

Yummy. That is all.

Sesame Peanut Noodles

Peanut Sauce:
1 1/2 inch fresh peeled ginger (I subbed 1 tsp dried)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup tahini (It's sesame seed paste and is usually found by the peanut butter)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 T soy sauce
1 T hot chili oil (found by the Asian foods)
3-5 T sugar
1/4 cup warm water

Noodles:
1 lb pasta of your choice
1 small cucumber, cut into bite sized pieces
1 red pepper, bite sized pieces
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

For the peanut sauce: Mince ginger and garlice in a food processor (Finely dice if you lack a food processor). Add peanut butter, tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, and sugar. Process until combined; add water, process until smooth.
Noodles: Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
To Serve: Toss noodles with peanut sauce. Mix in veggies, sprinkle with peanuts.

From your blog author: I grilled about a pound of chicken, thinly sliced it, and added it for an easy main dish. Also, I find the sauce is tastiest if you make it a few hours before you need it, so I made my sauce earlier in the day, chopped my veggies at the same time, and when the dinner rush hit, all I had to do was cook the noodles (whole wheat spaghetti for the curious) and throw it all together. Easy. I think next time I'm also going to throw a can of drained mandarin oranges in, because that would have been GOOD.

No comments: