Thursday, August 12, 2010

Zucchini Pie

I think zucchini in anything but a savory item is a crime brought on by the desperate need to rid oneself of the overflowing zucchini affliction. Zucchini Cake? Seriously???? That's not cake, it's a cruel joke. So, my zucchini goes in dishes like this:

Zucchini Pie

3 cups grated zucchini
1 small onion, finely diced
1 cup flour (Scant. Don't pack it in there.)
1 cup grated cheese (Try something smoky, like provolone or havarti)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup oil
4 T grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, reserving 1 T of the Parmesan. Spoon the mixture into a 10 inch pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Hahahahaha. I just posted two different sweet zucchini recipes yesterday ;) In my defense... ahh forget it. I have no excuse other than that I'm trying to use up my zucchini! :)