Friday, August 20, 2010

S'Mores Bars

Dear Steph,
I promised your husband I would post this recipe, and I try to keep my promises. I apologize if this creates an immediate cooking obligation for you.
Love, Me

S'Mores Bars

  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 king size chocolate bars (I used one milk chocolate, one semi-sweet)
  • 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow fluff/creme

Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, crumbs, powder, and salt. Divide dough in half and press half of the dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Place chocolate bars on top of dough. Spread chocolate with marshmallow fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of fluff. (This can be tricky- make little discs with the dough and set them on top of the marshmallow layer.) Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.

Watch out- these are rich. But so delicious- I served mine at a church function tonight so I could be certain there would be no leftovers to tempt me later.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Goodness. This is a must-make. As if I don't have enough to do. Sheesh.

Rachel said...

Just a follow up, these were the best choir treats ever. Thanks!