Monday, June 27, 2011

Sopapilla Pie

I made this for a ward party and I don't think I've ever had so many people ask me for a recipe. This one is shockingly easy.

Sopapilla Pie
2 rolls of refrigerated crescent dough
2 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese, room temp.
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
sugar and cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Lightly press 1 roll of crescent dough into bottom of pan. With a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough. Press second roll of crescent dough over cream cheese mixture (I rolled mine out with a rolling pin in a little flour first.). Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, then bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or so until golden brown. While hot, drizzle with honey. Let cool completely, cut into squares, and serve.

This would be delicious with nuts in the filling, or served with ice cream and chocolate syrup or caramel.

No comments: