Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Pumpkin Pecan Pie

This allows me to avoid that uncomfortable feeling I get when I have to choose between 2 equally delicious things.

Pumpkin Pecan Pie
from Sue

1 (9 inch) pie shell, unbaked

Pumpkin Filling:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Pecan Layer:
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup sugar
2 T butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecan halves

In a small bowl stir together all ingredients for pumpkin filling until well blended (I subbed an equivalent amount of pumpkin pie spice for the spices because I am lazy.). Spread evenly into the bottom of pie shell. In another bowl, stir together pecan layer ingredients. If you store your nuts in the freezer like I do mine (and Bruce's), make sure they are at room temperature before using, because frozen nuts will ruin your cook times. Carefully spoon pecan filling over pumpkin layer. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until filling is set around edge. Cool before serving.

No comments: